Saturday 13 March 2010

Stargate Universe: Season 1.5 Trailer

Saturday 13 March 2010

Stargate Universe returns for the concluding half of season 1 on 2 April. Syfy have released the above trailer to promote that fact. I stopped watching SGU after a half-dozen episodes of repetitiveness, because the show just wasn't what I'd hoped for. I totally understand and agree with its intentions (I didn't want another SG1 clone, unlike some), but none of the characters grabbed me, I didn't sense much direction, the plots became monotonous, and it just had a tonne of flaws.

That all said, this trailer does look very entertaining. Even if it feels like they've bowed to a lot of fan's basic complaints (i.e. give us more action, space battles, and aliens)... but still, "once bitten twice shy". It's not so long ago that the initial trailers for SGU looked just as cinematic and action-packed, but actual episodes didn't live up to expectations. I am curious, though. It's possible I'll give the show a second chance, if only to see if the writers are aiming to repair some of its core problems, and haven't just thrown a bone to geeks wanting to see more spaceship dogfights. How about you?