Tuesday 9 March 2010

TRAILER PARK: Iron Man 2

Tuesday 9 March 2010

I enjoyed Iron Man more than I expected to, so the trailer for Iron Man 2 excites me because it looks a lot bigger in every respect. It's always great when sequels involve a more impressive villain, and Mickey Rourke's Whiplash looks to be a great new addition. I'm a little anxious about the fact Iron Man 2 features so many supporting actors (Sam Rockwell, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Don Cheadle), each playing a significant hero/villain. It could equal overkill, a la Batman & Robin. But, hey, the trailer above looks colourful, exciting, fun and everything you enjoyed about Iron Man... but taken to a new level. I just hope Jon Favreau keeps a firm eye on the story and Robert Downey Jr remains at the heart of matters. Quietly confident about this one, and it's the only summer blockbuster trailer that's grabbed my interest so far.