Sunday 22 May 2011

Interview: Robert Sheehan, 'Misfits'

Sunday 22 May 2011
Digital Spy have a great interview with Misfits' Robert Sheehan, ahead of his arrival at the BAFTA Television Awards tonight (22 May), where the E4 superhero series is nominated for Best Drama again.

The interview touches on everything fans would want to ask Sheehan, particularly concerning his decision to leave the popular show, his thoughts on incoming replacement Joe Gilgun, and some information about the online special he's filmed to explain his character's exit from Misfits ahead of series 3...


"[I decided to leave] well before we finished series two. There's a strange kind of a theme of... There's a few articles I've seen on the internet or whatever about how I've left Misfits to go off and do films and that's all so bulls**t, that's complete nonsense. I left Misfits to go off and do other stuff, completely unspecific. I just left because a rolling stone gathers no moss, as they say, and I just wanted to p*ss off and do other things, you know? It's nice that the show's successful but it doesn't mean complete blind and unadmonished loyalty -- 'If something is very successful you should stick to it like a barnacle!' That's definitely not my thinking." Continue reading...