Saturday 3 March 2012

TRAILER: Hit & Miss (Sky Atlantic)

Saturday 3 March 2012

Sky have released the first trailer for their homegrown drama Hit & Miss, created by Paul Abbott (Shameless, State Of Play). It stars Golden Globe winner Chloe Sevigny (Big Love) as a transgendered hitman called Mia. This is a very intriguing project for a number of reasons: Abbott's a great writer with numerous hits to his credit, plus it's unusual to have an American fly over to headline a UK drama. Sevigny appears to have done a remarkable job perfecting a northern accent, too. Amusingly, the actress recently caused controversy by badmouthing Manchester to the press as "one of the grimmest places I'd ever been in my entire life".

But I have to admit I wanted more from this trailer. I hope future ones are more exciting to watch, perhaps by promoting the show's assassin angle more strongly. Or maybe Mia's profession has very little to do with the drama, which is more down-to-earth and revolves around her family? In which case, maybe this trailer's intention is to reconfigure expectations? I don't know, we'll see.

What do you think?


HIT & MISS will air sometime later this year on Sky Atlantic.