Monday 9 July 2007

BIG BROTHER 8 - COLD TURKEY

Monday 9 July 2007
My fortnight holiday to America has meant my Big Brother 8 viewing has taken quite a nosedive recently. I arrived back in the UK to find loads of fresh (male) faces, many of whom were evicted mere days later, so I had no time to form an opinion on the likes of Billi or Jonathan.

It got me thinking: maybe BB really is an addiction. I never tune into every day's highlights episode, avoid the live feeds and tend to avoid the laborious Friday evictions (just catch the last 10 mins, it saves a lot of time and adverts). That said, I watched regularly enough to be considered "a fan", but going cold turkey for a few weeks has momentarily cured me!

I'm not sure if I'll get back into BB8 now, although the latest idea to have a Fake Week seems very interesting. I'll certainly watch, particularly as the delectable Thaila Zucchi* is in the house pretending to be Pauline (an evicted Australian housemate). If I was in the house I'd immediately be thinking "isn't that the Bunny Boiler from Balls Of Steel? Hmmm..."

* Seriously, she needs to be on TV more. Wearing less.